16 September 2013

6 months

***Started this post forever ago and never finished but I'll put it up anyway***

I know that I totally missed month 5 but it was a little nuts around here and I fill you on what has been happening around here.
Ronnie got a new job. Yes, again. We loved loved loved Oakley, but then out of nowhere a school Ronnie worked for came and offered him a job and it was just too good to pass it up. It turned out to be perfect timing for so many reasons. The Oakley School was up for sale and the buyer fell through, management changes caused some rocking of the boat, and almost every single director of the school "happened to find a great opportunity elsewhere". All of that happened literally days after we decided to take the job in Spanish Fork. We felt so incredibly blessed to be going somewhere a little more stable, closer to family, and to switch Ronnie's 40 minute commute with a 4 mile one. He rarely works on Fridays and he really enjoys the boys he is working with. They are all on the higher functioning end of the autism spectrum which makes what Ronnie does everyday that much more special to me.
We accepted the new job at Maple Lake Academy in June and Ronnie started July 1st. I worked on packing up our place in Salt Lake (I miss that beautiful city every.single.day.) and we planned the move for when my whole Fam Damily was here for a family reunion. We have relied on friends to move us several times so we thought it would be nice to give all my siblings a chance to haul all our crap around. They were an army of worker bees and I am so grateful for siblings and in-laws and nieces and nephews and parents who are willing to do SO VERY MUCH for us. Baby Sister perks.

Now for Henry updates and pics

My oh my how fast this kid is growing! After being with so much family and rarely being set on the floor, I was pretty sure he forgot how to roll over, but as soon as we were alone, he realized he could roll both directions and seemed to be fond on rolling into corners and practically under the couch.

Henry loves to sit and observe others and is smiley and friendly with them once he has given them a good stare down. He gives Ronnie a big smile and coo when he comes home. The smile Henry gives me when I go to get him out of his crib after he naps is my favorite smile of all. He tends to be quite around people he is not familiar with while he observes and studies them, but at home he loves to practice using his voice and creating a variety of noises. My favorite is his "Bah bah bah"that usually ends with a high pitched squeal.

It seems like Henry just started to suddenly sit very well on his own. Ronnie is continually amazed at watching Henry's motor skills develop because he can remember vividly what it was like to gain trunk control and the balanced to be able to sit up on his own.

With introducing solids there is so much conflicting research and it seems every doctor suggests something different, so we read up on Baby Led Weaning (suggested to us from my good friend Aly) and I really liked the principles behind it. I am not a fundamentalist in anything we do so we kind of pick and choose what we like and what works good for Henry and go with it. I waited until Henry showed me he was developmentally ready and excited to try solids, and we dove right in. We most give him whatever we are eating, just a little more soft or steamed. He is quickly getting great at munching and getting things into his mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment